- Posted on May 15, 2019
Job Title: Contracts Manager
Company: Playforce Ltd
Based in: South of England and Wales
Contact name: Nuala Whitehouse
Contact email: [email protected]
Ahead of a busy summer of playground installation projects across the country, Playforce is looking to appoint a Contracts Manager to join our experienced Operations team.
The Contracts Manager will work alongside our installation teams and network of subcontractors to ensure our busy schedule of projects across the South of England and Wales are delivered efficiently, safely and to a high standard, ensuring our customers have the best possible experience.
The successful candidate is likely to have had several years’ experience in a similar role, and experience of playground installations in particular would be a significant benefit.
In return, you would be working with a well-established market leader with a great reputation as part of a passionate, experienced and supportive team. Playforce is part of TCL Group, one of the fastest growing fastest growing landscape services, estate management and play space services providers in the UK, which for the right candidate also provides opportunities for future progression.
- To undertake pre-contract site meetings in order to clarify and confirm details of work and any amendments to costings within agreed parameters.
- To prepare programmes of work for all large contracts (circa £50K+) using standard templates/IT packages in order to ensure timely and quality delivery to clients.
- To maintain an up-to-date and cost-effective schedule of installation contracts, agreeing dates (and/or any amendments) with clients and subcontractors and ensuring timely scheduling of collection and delivery of equipment to site.
- To ensure installations are undertaken in accordance with site plans, installation instructions and health & safety procedures through regular site visits, taking remedial action as appropriate.
- To monitor and review progress against individual job costings in order to ensure that gross profit margins are achieved or exceeded.
- To manage any site and installation issues, ensuring they are resolved successfully and to the client’s satisfaction.
- To undertake sign-off meetings as appropriate with clients at completion of installation and ensure files are passed promptly to accounts for invoicing.
- To manage the training of subcontractors to ensure they are proficient and motivated.
- To assist the sales team in the pricing of miscellaneous items for job costings in liaison with the Senior Operations Manager.
The successful candidate is likely to:
- Have at least 2 years relevant experience
- Have completed relevant health and safety training
- Have a positive ‘can do’ attitude
- Maintain a calm approach and clear vision under pressure
- Be an excellent communicator, with colleagues, subcontractors and customers alike
- Be committed, organised and resilient
For more information or to apply, please contact Nuala Whitehouse at [email protected]