Play Must Stay, our new campaign, is based on research with parents and reveals a tangible shift from outdoor play to indoor screen time. The new data is derived from a survey of over 1100 parents of children aged 2-12 across the UK via Mumsnet, the UK’s biggest parenting website.
The Play Must Stay campaign is calling for:
- urgent and sustained investment in public play provision
- a dedicated Cabinet Minister for Children & Young People to help drive investment in playgrounds before it’s too late
- Wrap me up and take me out to play: A Winter’s Tale
We are once again joining forces with Leyla Preston, founder of online parenting platform Motherhood Diaries and social media influencer, to launch a new winter campaign – A Winter’s Tale. The campaign will highlight the need to get children outdoors and playing in playgrounds over the cold winter months. Your can follow her journey here.
- API Campaign gathers pace: Childhood obesity, poor mental health and sleep problems linked to playground decline.
New research with parents shows the devastating impact that the sharp decline in outdoor play facilities is having on their children’s physical and mental health. You can learn more here
- From screen to playgrounds: A Summer Journey
Leyla Preston is a social influencer and the founder of Motherhood Diaries. Throughout the summer she will be exploring the impact that more outdoor play and less indoor screen time has on her own two boys and family life. You can follow her journey here.
If you missed any of the recent media coverage for #PlayMustStay you can see it all here.
Play Must Stay FAQ
Some of the more common questions about the campaign are answered here.
For further information or media enquiries please contact Mary Lubrano, Head of Communications on e: [email protected] m: 07999 550452