- Posted on Jun 22, 2021
Job Title: Team Leaders Play Services (three positions available)
Reports to: Regional Operations Manager
Based in: Roles based in Midlands, North and South
Contact name: James Wallett
Contact email: [email protected]
Main Purpose of the job:
To install and effectively oversee the delivery of Housebuilder and Educational contracts through the implementation of good work practices and the leadership of your installation team to ensure customer satisfaction and achievement of both the financial and quality targets.
- To lead a team installing Play projects around the UK.
- To be responsible for site management and resource planning for your allocated team and projects, ensuring projects are delivered on time and in line quality expectations.
- To ensure that all your team’s work is completed to the best possible standard, in accordance to any instructions and specifications you have been given and to the satisfaction of the client.
- To ensure that you have the correct materials, plant and tools available to complete the job. All requests and orders will be phoned through to the office giving as much notice as possible.
- To plan your teams work load to ensure maximum efficiency and to set and meet targets and deadlines, ensuring the efficient use of resources.
- To take instruction and discuss any issues clearly. Work mobiles will be kept with you at all times and answered immediately when safe to do so. You will also ensure that all personal calls are restricted to lunch and tea breaks except in an emergency.
- To act as a role model for your work team, to demonstrate behaviours consistent with that of a team leader and to behave appropriate to this position.
- To pass on your knowledge and skills, providing onsite training for your team.
- To communicate clearly and positively with all parties including the customer and the public.
- To make a positive contribution to the idverde team and be prepared to meet all challenges in a positive and constructive manner.
- To be responsible for the behaviour of team members, their adherence to site rules and the appearance of the team and vehicles.
- To ensure that the daily maintenance of the vehicles, plant and tools is carried out and company property is looked after and respected.
- To be responsible for the day to day health and safety of the team. You will ensure that all team members are trained and competent in the tasks they have been asked to complete, and all works will be completed in accordance Health and Safety policy, risk assessments and method statements.
Measurement of Performance:
- Installations undertaken in accordance with site plans and installation instructions as measured by inspections and client feedback.
- Customer satisfaction as measured by post installation inspections and complaints log.
- Installation targets achieved and gross profits maintained as measured by Operational and Financial Management Information.
- Compliance with Health & Safety as measured by standard checks and audits.
- Hard Landscape or Play experience
- Effective team leader with good people management skills.
- Good working level of numeric and literacy skills.
- Understanding of health & safety and the assessment and control of risk.
- Experienced and qualified in the use of excavators, dumpers and telehandlers.
- A trailer license would be beneficial.
- Full driving license.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Organised (planning and implementation)
- Maintains calm approach and clear vision under pressure.
- Good mannered and respectful to all.
- Good at prioritising
- Reliable and committed, able and willing to go the extra mile.
- Well presented, punctual, good mannered.
- Enthusiastic and motivational