- Posted on Jul 15, 2020
Job Title: Playground Designer
Contact name: Angie Forster
Contact email: [email protected]
We are looking to fill this position with an experienced and professional individual. Some training will be provided.
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB
Using our in-house systems you will produce 3D designs and fully itemised quotations for our sales team in conformance with the European Safety Standard for Playground Equipment.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Designing new products, taking projects from initial marketing brief through to production.
- Drive 3D design in SketchUp or similar packages and Produce 2D drawings
- Develop new products to comply with British standards BS EN 1176
- Creating installation guides for customers/installers
- Liaise with internal departments to ensure designs meet their needs.
- Liaise with external suppliers to ensure designs can be produced in an economic and practical manner.
- Produce drawings to support customers planning applications
- Have a creative eye with an imagination that can contribute positively in developing playground designs
- Assist the Design Manger by making recommendations and initiate cost reductions without compromising product or design quality.
- Creatively support the Sales and Marketing department by producing marketing and promotional material and updating our website.
- Strong knowledge and experience of working with 3D design (preferably SketchUp or similar packages).
- Strong knowledge and experience of working with 2D design and presentation packages (e.g. Photoshop/ Illustrator/ InDesign).
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Must have creative flair, good communication skills, the ability to work as part of a team, be able to manage own time and workload and meet deadlines, high attention to detail and must possess a friendly and approachable manner
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Full Clean Driving Licence – (Our office is just outside York with little public transport)
Salary is negotiable, dependent on experience….
To apply for this opportunity please forward your CV and covering letter to [email protected]. Interviews held in August 2020. This is a full-time position Monday to Friday https://www.play-scheme.co.uk/about/join-playscheme/playground-designer-2/