- Posted on Jul 06, 2021
Job Title: Operations Manager
Direct reports: Operations Director
Based in: Midlands/Northampton/Home Based
Contact name: James Wallett
Contact email: [email protected]
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB
To effectively manage the delivery of Play and Landscaping installation contracts through the use of both direct and subcontract resource. The role ensures customer satisfaction and achievement of both the financial and quality targets which support repeat business and continuation of strong working relationships.
The position is based in the midlands and aims to deliver projects within the region however on occasions projects beyond this area will require management.
- To be responsible for the project management and resource planning for their allocated team and projects, ensuring projects are delivered on time and in line with priced expectations.
- To undertake pre-contract site meetings in order to clarify and confirm details of the work and any amendments to costings within agreed parameters.
- To prepare programmes of work using standard templates/IT package in order to ensure timely and quality delivery to clients.
- To maintain an up-to-date and efficient programme of projects, agreeing dates (and/or any amendments) with clients and subcontractors and ensuring timely scheduling of plant, materials and equipment to site.
- To ensure installations are undertaken in accordance with the site plans, installation instructions and health & safety procedures through regular site visits taking remedial action as appropriate.
- To monitor and review, in conjunction with the Senior Ops Manager, project progress against the job costings in order to ensure that gross profit margins are achieved or exceeded.
- To manage site and installation issues ensuring they are resolved successfully, cost effectively, efficiently and to the client’s satisfaction.
- To undertake sign-off meetings as appropriate with clients at completion of the installation and ensure files are passed promptly to accounts for invoicing.
- To develop and expand a network of in house teams and installation subcontractors with agreed skills sets and covering geographical areas in line with the business plan.
- To manage the training of in house teams and subcontractors to ensure they are proficient and motivated.
- To assist the sales team in the pricing of miscellaneous items for job costings in liaison with the Senior Operations Manager.
- Be responsible for ensuring all operational, HR, compliance and health and safety processes are consistently applied across their projects
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Good communicator at all levels
- Commercial awareness
- Organised (planning and implementation)
- People management
- Good at prioritising
- Good at multi-tasking
- Negotiating skills
- Technical and Practical Construction
- Managing training and development sessions with key sales contributors across the business
- Positive, proactive individual
- Professional/graduate level manager with strong operational background in in a land based sector
- Effective team leadership skills with demonstrable operational management experience
- Good level of financial literacy with experience of managing projects and resources aligned to budget and priced expectation
- Good understanding of practical, technical, financial and qualitative requirements to ensure efficient and profitable implementation of a project
- Strong numeric skills with a good working understanding of Microsoft applications (Excel particularly)
- Maintains calm approach and clear vision under pressure
- Reliable and committed, able and willing to go the extra mile
- Ambitious and self-motivated
- Enthusiastic and motivational
- A hard worker who enjoys being rewarded for success
- Relevant health & safety training
Management have the right to change job descriptions in line with business need. This description is not exhaustive.