Job Title: Product Designer
Company: Massey & Harris (Engineering) Ltd
Contact name: Matt Richardson
Contact email: [email protected]
We are looking for a creative Designer with good technical ability and a strong working knowledge of Solidworks to join our team and contribute high quality, innovative design.
We need a versatile candidate who can work on their own initiative and develop in this role, whilst contributing to the company’s reputation and improving processes and best practice.
We expect you to be professional and approachable and able to adapt in a fast moving environment with a wide range of audiences.
Key roles and responsibilities include:
• Employ strong modelling skills (Solidworks) including sheet metal, weldments and production of technical drawings for manufacture and renders for presentations.
• Project management: work with the support of the team to ensure an efficient workflow from concept generation through to manufacture.
• Develop bespoke product.
• Produce designs that can be manufactured efficiently and cost effectively.
• Communicate and work with a wide range of audiences from the Company Director to the Workshop, and with external clients and key clientele.
• Work to Company design protocols.
• Ensure efficient and timely completion of projects anticipating issues and proactively working to resolve issues.
• Liaise with customers and suppliers.
• Drive improvement / best practice.
2 years of professional design experience;
Solidworks educated with 2 years of Solidworks experience in industry.
Experience of manufacturing processes for steel and wood.
Creative / original thinking
Proactive and able to identify opportunities for improvement within the current design of product, and the business as a whole.