- Posted on Aug 02, 2022
Job Title: Contracts Manager – Scotland
Company: Wicksteed Leisure Ltd
Direct reports: Managing Director
Based in: home (which will ideally be central to the region stated)
Contact email: [email protected]
Wicksteed Leisure Limited are market-leading designers and manufacturers of children’s playgrounds, outdoor gyms and multi-use games areas manufacturing in the UK since 1918.
We have a fantastic and rarely available opportunity for an experienced Contracts Manager to join the team to oversee projects from sales handover to site completion.
Reporting to the Managing Director and as part of a UK wide team, the successful candidate will be responsible for overseeing projects from receipt of order to completion of project and will include:
- Identifying and vetting new sub-contractors to join the team.
- Appointing and supervising sub-contractors to install the kit and all necessary groundworks.
- Issuing all the necessary paperwork to the contractors prior to commencing work on site including preparing RAMS.
- Communicating with customers by telephone, email and both virtual and in-person meetings.
- Ensuring that the installation conforms to current regulations i.e. BS EN Standards and is in accordance with Wicksteed Leisure Limited specifications.
- Assisting Area Sales Managers in executing site surveys and setting out of sites in accordance with specific drawings or customer requirements.
- Ensuring that the contract is completed on time and within budget.
- Nights away from home will be required as necessary.
- Previous experience of contracts management or project management within a constructions or installations environment, preferably within the playground industry.
- A knowledge of construction practices (levels, drainage, landscaping would be an advantage) and familiarity with industry health and safety practices.
- Good negotiator (able to negotiate with contractors, suppliers for the best price for the work required).
- Customer focused, ensuring customer satisfaction at all times.
- Computer literate including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Full UK driving licence.
- Ability to manage client’s expectations.
- Willingness to undertake any training that may be required.
In return Wicksteed offer an attractive salary, company car, phone, laptop and pension scheme.
If you are interested and would like to work with a company that has been providing plays solutions for over 100 years please forward your CV with covering letter and salary expectations to [email protected]