Job Title: Commercial Estimator
Company: KOMPAN UK
Department: Bid Team
Reports to: Bid Team Manager (dotted line to Head of Installation)
Direct reports: Commercial Manager
Based in: Milton Keynes
Contact name: Jodie Strong
Contact email: [email protected]
Description of the job and the department
This role is generally based at our Milton Keynes office and is part of a team of Sales Coordinators and Designers whose primary function is to assist our field-based Area Sales Managers in quoting, ordering and selling to our existing and new customers. This role supports these teams with maintaining the pricing data used daily and working with our supply & build partners to support pricing of construction elements on a project-by-project basis.
Primary Responsibilities and Tasks
In close collaboration with our Head of Installations, this role takes responsibility for all ‘non-core’ (non- product) pricing data that enables KOMPAN to bid for turn-key design and build packages and deliver these profitably through our sub-contractors.
Competencies & Behaviours
To be successful in this role a candidate or employee will demonstrate the following;
• Excellent mathematical understanding & competency with pricing software tools
• Competent & experienced user of ERP/ MRP business systems
• Competent in reading and understanding technical CAD drawings to create price elements
• Competent & experienced Excel user (formula building, V-Lookup etc)
• Estimating and pricing of landscape construction works
• RFQ to sub-contractor network & supply chain
• Forming successful supplier relationships
• Price negotiation and cost saving
• Some understanding of playground & outdoor sports installation methods is an advantage
• Experience of working alongside a bid team is an advantage to ensure the competitive and commercial requirements of the business are understood & met
• A team player, naturally collaborates with others, copes well with varied input from colleagues
• Commercial acumen: seeks to understands business needs
• Structured and accurate, especially with pricing data, excellent attention to detail, naturally drawn to checking details and raising anomalies
• A self-starter, prioritises own workload and can adjust with changing priorities, is able to plan, communicate and action accordingly
• Demonstrates strong organisational skills, can work under pressure, to tight deadlines while maintaining longer term projects
• Inquisitive, asks questions, wants to understand context & background
• Listens well and understands instructions
• Communicates effectively in both written and verbal form
• Able to learn quickly ‘on the job’ to comprehend and adjust to new and updated information
• Has a ‘can do’ and supportive attitude towards colleagues
• Looks for solutions (vs. raising problems for others to solve)
• Helps to identify improvement projects and action
Working hours: 8.30am until 5pm, Mon-Thurs & 8.30 – 4.30 Friday
Salary: Competitive basic salary plus quarterly bonus
Benefits: 25 days holiday + Bank Holidays + staff benefits package
Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s)
Alongside the ability of an employee to demonstrate technical competency in the tasks and expected behaviors associated with their role, KOMPAN also measurers success through the following 4 values:
Engaged and committed. Energetic. Enjoys the job. Customers’ and end-users’ needs are inherent in all actions. (“I have fun in the job”).
Develops in the job, influences the job and the team with ideas and initiatives. Takes responsibility.
Committed to ambitious goals. Focused on results and delivers. Accountable to others.
Team player. Engages well with the team, peers, and clients.