- Posted on Aug 01, 2023
Job Title: AutoCAD Draftsman/woman
Company: Outdoor Play UK
Based in: Hybrid remote in Newton Abbot
Contact email: [email protected]
Here at Outdoor Play UK we have years of experience in manufacturing and installation of bespoke wooden playground equipment suitable for a variety of age ranges, schools, nurseries, community centres, holiday parks and public play spaces across all areas of the UK.
We have developed a wide range of products which offer exceptional play value and learning opportunities.
We specialise in manufacturing high quality timber playground equipment. All of our products are designed and manufactured in-house by our team and we use quality play grade timbers which are made from laminated redwood. We are registered with ROSPA and a proud member of the API.
The Role: Draughtsman / CAD Technician
We are seeking a self-motivated, technically minded and logic driven individual to join our dedicated team to assist with the growth and development of the company. We are offering the opportunity to become our Draughtsman / CAD Technician focusing on creating 2D technical manufacture CAD drawings for timber structures, detailing product assembly, manufacture and installation drawings. The role will ideally be based at our Devon workshop / office, but will involve national travel if based remotely with occasional stay overs in Newton Abbot.
Key Roles & Responsibilities:
Your duties will include but are not limited to:
- Creating detailed drawings using computer-aided design (CAD) software from 3D models provided to enable the fabrication and manufacture of timber play structures and shelters.
- Updating or making adjustments to manufacture and assembly drawings according to feedback for current company standard products.
- Produce product general arrangement/setting out drawings for use on site during installation.
- Amending drawings to match company branding.
- Creating manufacture / assembly drawings for new standard and bespoke products.
- Creating manufacture / assembly drawings for shelters, including structural calculations to make sure the proposed works are structurally sound, calculating dimensions, weight limitations, and measurements for designs.
- Ensuring all play equipment designs comply with BSEN 1176 The British and European Standard, company regulations and quality standards.
- Programming, setting and operating of CNC Milling machinery (desirable but not essential)
- Ensure manufactured parts are produced in the most efficient manner and of the highest standard.
- Liaising with the Managing Director and collaborating with the Creative Director to review drawings, product designs and assembly drawings.
- Collaborating with the in-house workshop team regarding materials, constraints and CNC Milling machinery.
- Break down of product drawings to produce BOM’s (Bill of materials) for parts and order purposes, and to produce cutting lists and other informative product files for order.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Proficient with AutoCAD 2D & 3D software.
- Understanding of timber fabrication processes, materials, construction methods and fixings.
- Familiar with workshop processes, tooling, timber manufacturing and material constraints.
- Experience within the play industry is desirable.
- Good Knowledge of BSEN 1176 The British and European Standard for playground equipment.
- Knowledge of 3D design software (Cinema 4D preferred)
- Creation of 2D technical and assembly drawings within AutoCAD.
- Experience with steel fabrication would be a desirable bonus.
- A self-motivated individual who continually keeps up to date with industry and safety requirement changes.
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Degree in Product Design, Design Engineering or similar is preferable.
- A relevant qualification in CAD software, preferably AutoCAD would be beneficial.
- Full driving licence (desirable but not essential)
- In return we offer a competitive salary, 20 Holiday Days + Bank Holidays | Standard Company Pension Scheme.
- An opportunity to play a central role as Draughtsman / CAD Technician.
- Flexitime and the ability to work from home, especially if based remotely. (Office based is preferred)
Job Type: Full-time
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Newton Abbot: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (preferred)
- AutoCAD: 1 year (required)
Please Send Curriculum Vitae to [email protected]