- Posted on Dec 12, 2023
Job Title: Area Sales Manager – NE England, Yorkshire, Eastern England(TBC)
Company: Creative Play
Based in: Leeds/Sheffield/Nottingham/Leicester (M1 Corridor)
Contact email: [email protected]
Creative Play UK is one of the leading outdoor playground equipment design, manufacture, installation and aftercare companies within the UK. Based in Chester, operating throughout the UK, Creative Play UK has completed more than 14,000 installations within schools, private nurseries, holiday parks, leisure facilities and local authorities.
Established for more than 30 years, Creative Play has the experience, knowledge and exciting plans to continue growing within the industry and expanding into new sectors. We are now looking for a number of excellent Areas Sales Managers to expand our existing team and help drive the business to new levels.
As Area Sales Manager you will secure maximum revenue and profitability from the assigned territory through promotion of Creative Play Products and Services to all customer sectors. Responsible for managing all customers within the territory ensuring that the highest levels of customer service are achieved at all times.
Main Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Attend pre-arranged sales appointments in the assigned territory across Education, Parish Council, Day Nursery, Holiday Park, Pub and Visitor Attraction sectors.
- Identify and contact Key Contacts within multi-academy trusts within your territory to promote Creative Play and secure business across the Trust, setting up sales meetings as appropriate.
- Attend conferences and exhibitions, either within territory or nationally, to promote Creative Play and generate Opportunities for the business.
- Survey all sites, take photos and measurements and accurately provide survey information to the Design and Estimating department.
- Liaise with the Design and Estimation department to ensure efficient production of high quality, detailed and to brief design packs.
- Update and keep accurate records on the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system.
- Re-visit customers to present our proposal, promoting all aspects of Creative Play’s products and services to ensure the customer fully understands the details of the proposal.
- Work closely with customers, keeping in regular contact, to amend design and proposals as required. Securing the deal for Creative Play at the best possible commercial terms.
- Ensure that all information regarding orders is accurately processed and that the Production and Operations departments have all the information required to progress the order.
- Work closely with the Operations teams to resolve any issues which arise following installation survey, on large or complicated projects you would be expected to attend the installation survey.
- Liaise closely with Customer Service Management (CSM) colleagues to maximize revenue generating opportunities, identifying marketing campaigns and drive opportunities.
- Work closely with the Marketing Manager to discuss marketing communications and how this activity can support your territory.
- Ensure the highest levels of customers service are provided at all times, maximizing the customer experience and helping to support repeat business through communication with existing customers.
- Report to the Sales Management team on a daily, weekly and monthly basis highlighting sales activity, forecasts, competitor activity and general updates on opportunities.
- Attend regular sales meetings and build close relationships with all members of the business.
Full training will be provided for this role so whilst experience is important, we are looking for the right attitude, temperament and character to join our team.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- The ability and confidence to work with customers, many of whom hold senior positions within their organisation
- Strong character values with honesty and integrity a priority
- Excellent communication and interpersonal Skills and an outgoing personality.
- Time Management and Organisational Skills
- Demonstrable experience and result in a sales environment, providing solutions based on customers’ needs
- Ability to meet deadlines and work to targets
- Good geographical knowledge within your territory
Experience in the following would be an advantage/desirable:
- 2 years experience of selling to senior level decision makers
- Playground equipment industry experience
- Experience of conducting surveys of some form and accurate drawings
- Experience of selling to the education sector
A full UK driving licence is essential and you will be also required to undergo a DBS check to enable you to work within this industry.
Location – You should be based within the sales territory, which primarily covers the North East of England, Yorkshire and stretching into parts of East Anglia, however we are particularly keen to talk to candidates based around the Leeds/Sheffield/Nottingham/Leicester (M1 Corridor) area.
This a home based role working remotely.
In return the company offers:
- A competitive salary and uncapped commission scheme with realistic on target earnings
- 28 days annual holiday (including bank holidays) increasing gradually to 32 days over 6 years.
- Additional 3 days whole company paid leave over the Christmas Period (in addition to your annual leave entitlement)
- Enhanced sick pay scheme
- Online benefits portal with financial savings on lifestyle products, training and well-being
- Comprehensive 1 to 1 training and development which continues throughout your time with the company.
- Company Car, Mobile Phone and Laptop
- A new, modern office and production facility based just outside Chester.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
If you feel you have the relevant skills we are looking for and you are looking for a new challenge with a well-established, continually expanding company please forward an up to date CV for our consideration to [email protected]