- Posted on Aug 17, 2023
Job Title: Area Sales Manager
Company: HAGS UK Ltd
Contact name: Victoria Reeves-Smith
Contact email: [email protected]
HAGS design and manufacture a wide range of high-quality playground equipment, park & urban furniture, and outdoor sports & fitness equipment. As a UK market leader, we have a reputation for safety, reliability, sustainability, innovation, and outstanding customer service.
As the full-time permanent Area Sales Manager your role will be to sell the design, manufacture, and installation of outdoor play & leisure solutions to reach and exceed the sales targets for your area. You will build on existing customer relationships and bring energy and drive to identify new business opportunities.
Based from home with regular travel throughout the east of England, particularly around Worcestershire or neighbouring areas, and visits to our factory in Selby and Head office in Egham, you’ll be joining a focused, supportive, and successful national sales team with excellent management support.
What you’ll do
- Working remotely and within a defined geographical territory, to cover the given Sales area.
- Maintaining and increasing sales of company products and services within the businesses core markets.
- Ownership and delivery of key performance metrics inclusive of order generation, conversion rate and gross margin attainment.
- Establishing, nurturing, developing, maintaining, and expanding the HAGS customer base and its brand.
- Ambassador for the business
- Proactively seeking out and building relationships with existing and new customers from markets including, but not limited to Local Authorities, Housing Developers and Associations, Town and Parish Councils, Architects, and Schools.
- Filling, planning, and organising your own diary to ensure effective time spent customers-facing exploring and converting new opportunities, alongside administrative activities.
- Following up sales and marketing leads with a view to creating onward quotable business opportunities, culminating in order generation and sales revenue.
- Surveying sites in all settings and throughout all seasons using supplied tools (training provided) allowing for the creation of customer quotations, plans and drawings.
- Effective sales qualification and considered strategic rationalisation to establish the viability of new sales opportunities, the win probability and resource demands in line with business objectives.
- Working in collaboration with our Design and Sales Co-ordination teams, with direct input to see opportunities developed into fully completed and rounded proposals and tender submissions.
- Proactive management of the CRM system and your own sales pipeline, allowing for effective conversation of opportunities into sales revenue, identification of pipeline strength/weakness in order to take associated and accurate sales forecasting on a monthly basis.
- Cross department collaboration and working with a degree of controlled ownership throughout the entire sales cycle to ensure from order acceptance through to practical completion, enabling levels of service and customer care to be maintained and delivered.
- Attendance and participation at occasional conferences, seminars, exhibitions and consultation events.
- Staying current with industry trends through observation, listening and competitor analysis to help inform personal strategic objectives
- A passion for winning.
- Solution selling experience essential.
- Sales experience in a B2B environment (preferably with Local Authority experience)
- Financial Awareness
- Must have a flexible approach to working
- Ability to manage own time and prioritise workload
- Relationship building skills – to be a self-starter willing to take the initiative when necessary and excellent ability to work well within a team structure
- Ability to work on own initiative to a high level of accuracy and to meet deadlines
- Customer Care – Capable of delivering results and meeting customer expectations
In return, HAGS offer a competitive salary & package including company car, competitive commission scheme, pension, PMI and other benefits to attract the best.
HAGS is an equal opportunity employer. We recognise that it takes diversity of thought, culture, background, and perspective to create a truly successful organisation.
If you believe you have what it takes to join our high-performing team and be our Area Sales Manager, please email [email protected]