Event date: Aug 04, 2021 - Aug 04, 2021
The theme for this year’s Playday is … Summer of Play.
The Playday 2021 theme recognises the challenges children and young people have faced over the past year and the need to enjoy time for play free of restrictions, with their friends, having fun.
Whilst Playday is the national day for play in the UK, this year we are encouraging families, carers, and communities to help children enjoy a Summer of Play.
- Playing is essential for children’s mental health and well-being.
- Playing helps children cope with stress and anxiety and fosters resilience, enabling children to better deal with challenges.
- Playing gives children the opportunity to have fun, laugh, take time out, relax, and build friendships.
- Playing outside allows children to appreciate nature, the environment, and feel part of their community.
- Playing is fundamental to children’s happiness, and happy children lead to happier communities.
We are looking forward to hearing about the creative ways you plan to celebrate a Summer of Play and Playday in your community.
For the latest updates on this year’s campaign follow Playday on Facebook and Twitter and share your plans with us using the hashtags #Playday2021 and #SummerOfPlay.