Job title: Head of Contracts
Reports to: UK Managing Director
Based in: Central (Good access to M1, M40, M25 - Field Based, National Role).
Travel: Across UK as required. Occasional travel in Europe
HAGS is a global company founded in Sweden in 1948 with a product offering that stretches over an extensive range – for play, sports and other outdoor recreation – designed for people of all ages and abilities. We offer more than products - every partnership is the opportunity to share knowledge on play value, inclusiveness and landscape design in order to create the most welcoming and inspiring outdoor recreational spaces for our customers.
To deliver the best recreational solutions by using our unique knowledge and skills, and by sharing that knowledge with colleagues, partners and customers
About the Role:
The Contracts Department is a key department carrying out the installation of part or complete playground and urban sports equipment schemes for both Local Authority and private sector customers in the U.K. The Head of Contracts role is to ensure that all pre-qualifying, tendering and sales support services are provided to the sales function efficiently, accurately and according to tendering schedules and that all post qualifying and installation projects are conducted efficiently, initiated and completed according to contract schedules, at the agreed costs to maintain target margins and at or above the established ISO installation and construction quality standards so as to meet or exceed the customer’s expectations.
- Shape the UK business direction as part of the leadership team
- Lead, manage and coach the installation and service team
- Ensure customer satisfaction
- Deploy resources (contractors) within an agreed budget to deliver Company revenue and EBITDA to company targets
Key Areas of Focus:
- Propose, gain agreement and monitor budgets and maintain departmental costs to budget.
- Pre-Qualifying practices and procedures that support and hence enable the sales team to maximise the tendering and sales opportunities.
- Post qualifying practices and procedures to secure the installation of products on time and to meet and exceed the installation standards required by the Company and its customers.
- Matching and securing the product availability by liaison with production team and ensuring that the installation program is established and meets or precedes the installation deadlines as detailed within tendering or order schedules for our customers.
- Assessment of supplier and installation contractors and securing they provide the Company goods and services at a quality and cost to accord with the Company’s offering.
- Maintain customer liaison and servicing standards in support of the contract management, contract administration and sales teams, thereby securing the complete integrity of the Company and relationships with our customers.
- Recruitment, management and continual development of the contract management and contract administration team.
- The promotion and integration of the contract management and contract administration team within the wider HAGS structure.
- Secure the maintenance of the highest standards of Health & Safety at all times, both during and following the installation process to ensure the safety of employees, customers, contractors and members of the public.
- A good knowledge of groundworks, landscaping and/or general construction
- Experience within the Playground Industry
- A positive approach to Health & Safety
- Be able to plan and organize both familiar and new tasks
- Computer Literate [Microsoft packages - Word/Excel/Project/Mail Merge]
- Competency in customer communication & good telephone manner
- Customer focused and able to work on own initiative or with others on tasks with minimum supervision
- Financial Remuneration: Attractive Salary
- Business Tools: Company vehicle / Laptop / Tablet / Mobile Phone / Home Broadband
- Employee Benefits: Pension scheme / Private medical scheme / Employee Perk scheme
- Personal Development: Full Induction / Continuous personal development programme
To apply: Please prepare a written statement of no more than 250 words on why you believe you are best suited for the role. Please include a copy of your latest CV and send to Sharon McCarthy Sharon@psmhrmanagers.com. [Full Job Description available on request].
HAGS is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all to apply.
No Agencies Please